The safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff has been our overriding concern during the Covid-19 crisis. That’s why up until this point, we have operated an essential-only service for heating and water systems, prioritising the most vulnerable during the lockdown.
At all times, we have been closely watching the changing government and public health advice around Covid-19 to ensure that we adhere to regulations ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff and customers.
With the Prime Minister’s recent announcement that people are encouraged to return to work unless able to work from home, we are now able to resume our usual services, but with strict safety measures in place.
Open for business and staying alert
Having studied the recently published government regulations on ensuring workplace health and safety, we have implemented procedures to ensure safe working practices and strict social distancing in line with that guidance. We understand that our customers may have concerns around Covid-19, but by implementing these measures we hope you will be reassured that allowing our engineers into your home will not jeopardise the health and safety of you and your household.
So, we are delighted to announce that Lewington’s are now open for service bookings and non-essential works in addition to emergency works. This includes boiler servicing, boiler repair, plumbing repairs and services, bathroom and boiler replacements and underfloor heating services. And, because of our commitment to good health and safety practices, you can book with confidence.
What are Lewington’s doing to keep you safe?
If you are currently self-isolating or have symptoms of Covid-19, please let us know when booking an engineer’s visit. This is for your own wellbeing as well as that of others and will enable us to plan the safest approach.
All staff at Lewington’s have been instructed and kept updated on our stringent health and safety policy. As standard practice this includes:
- Requesting that customers clear any working areas to prevent cross-contamination
- No handshakes on arrival
- Maintaining a minimum 2 metre distance from customers
- Using PPE such as face coverings and gloves where appropriate
- Observing strict hand hygiene pre-arrival and post-visit through the use of hand gel
- No contact with household items other than those required to complete the work
- Opening windows or doors where possible to maximise ventilation
We ask that you support us in adhering to these practices during these extraordinary times.
Our engineers have also been instructed to self-isolate for 14 days if they display any symptoms of Covid-19.
Three reasons to book annual boiler servicing
Although classed as a non-essential service, if there’s one service that we would strongly advise getting carried out now it is annual boiler servicing. And here’s why:
- Regular boiler servicing extends the life of your central heating and hot water system
- A well-maintained system saves money in the long term
- Servicing also maintains the energy efficiency of your boiler ensuring it functions safely and economically